About Perthshire Wedding Directory

Getting Married in Scotland

By law both parties to a proposed civil, religious or belief marriage are required to submit marriage notice forms to the registrar of the district in which the marriage is to take place informing them of their intention to marry.

•Forms for giving notice can be obtained from any registrar of births etc. in Scotland or from the National Records of Scotland website at www.nrscotland.gov.uk .

•Notice must be given in the three-month period prior to the date of the marriage and NOT LATER than 29 days before that date.

Find out more information here!